1. Don’t be like the rest of them, darling. Trying to fit in and be the same as everyone else isn’t going to make you happy. You’re you and that’s more than enough. Don’t be afraid to be different. Life’s much more exciting when you’re you.
2. Drink more water and look after your skin. Step away from the fizzy pop and drink water – lots of it – every day. Not only is is healthier, your skin will thank you when you hit your mid and late 20’s.
3. Dress for the figure you have, not just what’s in “fashion”. You’ll look back at pictures when you’re in your 20’s and cringe. Don’t wear things just because they’re fashionable. Wear things that flatter your figure. You’ll look – and feel – much better when you do.
4. Follow your dreams, despite what everyone says. You love writing, so follow that dream. Go to uni, write all the time, and persue the career you want. People will tell you that it’s a “Micky Mouse” degree or you’ll never make any money. Don’t listen. It’s not and you will.
5. Save money. As tempting as it is, don’t blow all your money in New Look on a Saturday. Save little and often. It’ll help you buy your first house. Which is way better than some cheap heels you can’t walk in.
6. Be nicer to yourself. You are and always will be your harshest critic but go easier on yourself. You’re enough. You’re MORE than enough. Stop looking in the mirror and hating everything. It’s not healthy.
7. Enjoy every adventure. As soon as you start saying “Yes”, life gets interesting. Step out of your comfort zone, go to those places, meet new people & find yourself. Life’s an adventure, get out there and enjoy it.