Why is it that, when you’re most busy, you get struck down with a serious case of Woman-Flu (a million times worse than Man-Flu, FYI)?!
Work is crazy – great, but crazy – and I haven’t got a free weekend ’till sometime in March. Yet here I am, nursing a chest infection and pneumonia. Hooray.
Instead of feeling sorry for myself though, I wanted to take some time to think about some of the happy things from this week…
- A full diary. Yes I’m crazy busy and no, me and my boyfriend won’t spend a weekend together until mid-March but I’m loving having so many plans. There are weddings and hen ‘dos galore coming up this year, and I’m so excited to share those special days with all of my favourite people.
- Valentine’s Day. While I don’t think you need a specific day to tell the people you love how much they mean to you, seeing all the lovely posts about Valentine’s Day really made me smile. James and I aren’t a particularly soppy or romantic couple (that’s what being together eight years does!) and he DID forget about V-Day, but it was still nice to share the Valentines and Galentines love!
- Lighter evenings. The first time you leave work and it’s still light is a sure-fire sign that spring is on it’s way. It’s so nice to drive along the country lanes on my way home from work with the sun still out. C’mon spring, I can see you!
- Box-Set binges. Our evenings this week have mostly consisted of curling up on the sofa and binge-watching the first series of Pokemon on Netflix. No, seriously. It’s been so lovely to watch something so simple and we’ve had so many laughs about the days of Pokemon Cards and GameBoy games.
- Busted concert! And finally, tomorrow night, cold or no cold, I’ll be transported to the Year 3000 with two of my best buds at a Busted gig. I’m not even sorry. My inner 13-year-old can’t wait to fangirl over James Bourne. He follows me on Twitter, by the way. I know, so rock’n’roll.